Kintsugi Physical Therapy and Wellness is now offering Virtual PT sessions as a convenient new way to access your physical therapist in the event you cannot attend an in-office visit. Our view is that an in-office appointment is generally preferred, however, situations where a Virtual PT session might be helpful are listed below.
Consider a Virtual PT session if:
- You are too busy and would like the convenience of having PT services from the comfort of your own home
- You would like a simple Wellness Screen/Preventative Screen before trying out a new activity/sport
- Fearful to attend an in-office visit due to health concerns due to the COVID-19 outbreak
- Wanting to primarily update or change your home exercise program
- Wanting assistance with home office ergonomics
- Issues attending because of lack of childcare
- Lack of reliable or safe (think snow) transportation
- Almost completed your PT episode of care and would like to a final check-in prior to discharge
- Pregnant or postpartum and it is inconvenient for you to leave the house
- You are traveling out of town for work but don’t want to get behind with your therapy
- You live far away from the clinic and combination of in-office and virtual sessions could minimize travel
- Early post-op and can’t travel due to pain meds or lack of transportation
- You have vertigo or dizziness and do not want to risk driving
- Stuck at work and can’t physically make it into the office
- It is simply too painful for you to make it into the clinic or you are considering going to the ER or Urgent Care. Instead give us a call first!
Questions on this service? Please see our FAQ below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual PT FAQs
Will my insurance cover Virtual PT?
Most likely, yes! New information is coming out by the hour and there is a lack of clarity on exactly how your insurance company will process your telehealth claim. However, we are optimistic and seeing more and more insurance companies updating their systems and policies to comply with the law. From a billing standpoint, we will bill your claim just like an in-office session, with any co-pay, deductible, or co-insurance continuing to apply. We will submit your claim as instructed by your insurance company. Our in-office financial agreement continues to apply to all Virtual PT sessions. Our primary goal in launching this new service is to provide safe options for you to access your physical therapist should you not feel comfortable with an in-person visit.
Is it better for me to come in for an in-person visit vs. Virtual visit?
The answer depends on the reason you are seeking therapy and whether or not you are at increased risk (due to COVID-19 outbreak) by coming in for an in-office visit. If you would like further guidance, please contact the PT directly at email@example.com , and they will be able to advise you in more detail based on your individual needs.
Do I need to sign up or create any new accounts to participate in Virtual PT session?
No, we purposely choose a patient friendly platform. All you need is a working webcam and microphone (most laptops have these) and you will be emailed and/or texted a link that will bring you to your provider’s virtual waiting room. 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment, when you click the link, you will be directed to sign a Telehealth Consent Form. Once completed, you will be in your virtual waiting room waiting for your Physical Therapist to join you. If you have a deductible, copay, or coinsurance to pay, you can pay for your visit either before or after your Virtual visit by calling our office at 253-330-8518. Our front office coordinator will assist in collecting your payment over the phone. Your Virtual visit will be a better experience if you have access to High Speed Internet and Chrome/Firefox/Safari as your internet browser.